Wednesday 3 September 2014

The…memories

































So this diary post from Cornwall has been a bit overdue, but actually comes quite well timed this week. As I have said in previous posts about how special this place is to me, and the family, this week is a week of reliving some of this holidays and past holidays memories. Our favourite place to stay, and family related area, is Mevagissey, a small fishing harbour on the south coast. A place with a lot of hills, but some gorgeous sunsets!

The top photo is of my favourite place, Polperro, which to me speaks of all things Cornwall! Along with the fact it's so small to get into you have to park about a mile away and walk or get a little tram car down. In the days of old it used to be horse drawn carts into the harbour (which I loved as a kid!). This time we went to the Secret Gardens of Heligan, a massive area that had been undiscovered until the 1990's, and loved the photos of the old house that stood there (along with pet Emus to show the family's wealth!). The weather this time was beautiful and felt incredibly lucky the week we were there, like I feel lucky to have gone with the people I went with, as well as the people I have been with in the past. Always in our memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment